On the Wing #14: Life List Update

My journey to reach 300 species by the end of the year has been fairly consistent lately. I currently have 278 species after some trimming and additions to the list. I've also gone to the trouble of making my list taxonomic for the sake of perceived order and neatness, but it is anything but. In the past two weeks, I've added the following to my life list:

Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla)
Wilson's Snipe (Gallinago delicata)
Northern Waterthrush (Parkesia noveboracensis)
Tennessee Warbler (Oreothlypis peregrina)

This is a short update, but I just wanted to have a bench mark for the rest of the year. I've seen nearly 42 new species this year and hopefully will see many more in the coming weeks. The reason for the short update is that I'm planning to do a longer one on my critique of Aububon's Birds of America later this week (even though it's later in the week to begin with) and I need some time to prepare notes and such. Other than that, I'll update again when I'm a little closer to the goal which hopefully will be soon. Have a great week and as always, happy birding! ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature Note #122: Adventures in Pennsylvania: (Non-Native) Space Invaders

Nature Note #187: Devil Down Head

Nature Note #201: Blue Cranes and Long Whites