On the Wing #74: When Computers Fry, Birders Cry

Well it's been hell over the last few days. I was an idiot and poured water on my laptop and had to wait for the right funds to come in before I could get the one I'm currently using, but more importantly for this blog, something more significant has occurred. As a result of my computer related mishap, I've lost all my bird lists including my life list, year list, and Stony Brook Millstone Watershed Preserve property list. It sucks and I'm trying to get everything back as quickly as possible.

Sorry for the setback. I hope I can share some better news soon.

Comments

  1. I agree. This isn't really a good news, especially if you don't have backups of such important documents. I just hope you have one. This may be stressful, but on the brighter side, you were able to keep some of your photos in your other blog posts, which makes a blog sort of like a good online backup system. But it'd still be best to have a solid backup system, just in case all else fails.

    #Ruby @ WilliamsDataManagement.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nature Note #187: Devil Down Head

Nature Note #122: Adventures in Pennsylvania: (Non-Native) Space Invaders

Nature Note #201: Blue Cranes and Long Whites