On the Wing #80: Bird of the Year

After a few months of using Google Drive, I've finally been able to get Word, Excel, and Powerpoint back on my computer. Then, utilizing the drive, I downloaded my bird lists and resume so that I can tweak them for future (or in the case of the bird lists use them immediately).

It was then I thought about what was the bird of the year at least in regards to what was a lifer for me at the time. So I whittled them down to the following. I'll start with 2009 and finish with this year's contestants. The bird of the year this year will be announced on New Years Eve so mark you calendars!

2009: Snow Goose (Chen caerulescens)

2010: Swallow-tailed Kite (Elanoides forficatus)

2011: Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis)

2012: Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis)

2013: The contestants include are as follows:
  1. Limpkin (Aramus guarauna)
  2. Canvasback (Aythya valisineria)
  3. Pink-footed Goose (Anser brachyrhynchos)
  4. American Avocet (Recurvirostra americana)
  5. Mississippi Kite (Ictinia mississippiensis)
  6. Grasshopper Sparrow (Ammodramus savannarum)
  7. Acadian Flycatcher (Empidonax traillii)
  8. Nothing by the looks of it.
I wonder what it will be this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature Note #187: Devil Down Head

Nature Note #122: Adventures in Pennsylvania: (Non-Native) Space Invaders

Nature Note #201: Blue Cranes and Long Whites