Nature Note #191: Nature Moment of the Year 2016 Intro

As John Lennon once sang; "Another year over and a new one has just begun...", with 31 birds already on my year list, I've begun 2017 in earnest. The goal remains the same; attempting to reach 200 species of birds by December 31st, 2017, along with reading 100 books and walking 300 miles. Call it the 1-2-3 resolution if you will.

Last year, I managed to get 199 species on my year list, just one shy of my goal and just over twenty species more than 2015. So many species graced my presence in 2016 that it's hard to narrow it down to just one.

So instead, I will be nominating three for the past year. I have done multiple birds of the year before, but I wanted to diversify in regards to the topic. Since this blog started, I've always tried to try to write on other subjects so that it wasn't solely a birding blog. It is a little hard for me to do so as my muse when it comes to nature observation has and will always be birds. While I only started keeping a list within the past decade, they have always fascinated me and being able to share the world with them is a blessing.

That being said, I've decided to give voice to a few other experiences that have been just as rich this year. One of them is birding related, but the other two touch upon the experiences I had with other wildlife as well. The next three posts (#192, 193, and 194) will be dedicated to those topics.

I hope you are able to read them all and hope you enjoy what you learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature Note #187: Devil Down Head

Nature Note #122: Adventures in Pennsylvania: (Non-Native) Space Invaders

Nature Note #201: Blue Cranes and Long Whites