On the Wing #75: Lost Cockatiel

Today's blog entry is going to take a little bit of a turn in content. I'm visiting my girlfriend for July 4th weekend and I went to work with her at her sites today. As we were leaving the last site, I noticed a rapidly weaving, dove-like bird, flutter to the top of a telephone pole. We stopped the truck and got out to have a look. It wasn't a dove at all but instead an escaped Cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus) sitting pretty on top of the pole. I tried whistling to it to coax it down, but not no avail.

These are the pictures I took of it.



It appears to be a pied male and it was spotted on the intersection of Sunbarr and Stygler in Gahanna, Ohio. I would be thrilled if any of my readers could get this bird back to its owner (as it is most likely an escaped bird. Ohio isn't known for its burgeoning Cockatiel population after all.). It was seen just after 1pm and it seemed pretty happy to be free. I hope I have been of help and we can get this bird home ASAP.

Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature Note #122: Adventures in Pennsylvania: (Non-Native) Space Invaders

Nature Note #187: Devil Down Head

Nature Note #201: Blue Cranes and Long Whites