On the Wing #58: New Jersey on my Mind

At the end of this week, I will be traveling to New Jersey for my new internship. I won't tell you where for privacy reasons, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'm excited for two reasons. One is that this experience will sort of be like college in the sense that I have to rely on myself to cook, clean, and learn those life skills I need when I'm truly out on my own. The second reason is, of course, the birds. Over the next few weeks, I'll be reporting the ins and outs of Pennington and other prime birding locations. I'm especially looking forward to spring migration as my location puts me fairly close to the Chesapeake Bay area allowing me access to the legendary waterfowl and shorebird migrations seen there twice a year. I expect the woodlands to be equally impressive with neotropical migrants such as warblers, tanagers, thrushes, and grosbeaks to add to both my year and life lists.

While some initial jitters are over and done with, I only hope that I can get settled quickly and get to know the area ASAP. Migration seems to come and go like a shot, but I'm determined to get as many species as possible and reach my dream goals as well. Have a great week (despite the snow -_-;) and as always, happy birding ^_^.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nature Note #122: Adventures in Pennsylvania: (Non-Native) Space Invaders

Nature Note #187: Devil Down Head

Nature Note #201: Blue Cranes and Long Whites